Followers

Thursday, December 01, 2011

The Japanese Maple

With winter fast approaching and everyone scrambling through the holidays, I am reminded of a thing that I love. For some weird reason, I don't hate Ohio. It's actually much the opposite...I often enjoy the idea of cold, brittle days where my bones hurt and my back is stiff. I told you that it sounds really weird and it is, really weird. In Ohio, we experience all of the seasons which is wild and crazy. In the beginning of August, it's too hot and in the middle of January, we all whine and moan about "when is summer going to get here?"...there's a moment in the fall where beauty is at a max with the Maples turning beautiful shades of sunset, and there's a shower in the spring that the sun shines through perfectly. We get a chance to enjoy a little bit of all of them. SOOOO...back to my point. When I see that the Japanese Maple on the corner of the house at Chestnut has turned to the most beautiful red, I know the cleansing of winter is coming...












Let the cleansing begin... 

No comments:

Post a Comment